Report Abuse

No "leverage" really exists...

[Q=briana420] Is it easier to have the company take it back if it's fully paid off? We owe nothing but get 8,000 points every two years. We pay $650 in fees every year. We are losing money to get 1 one every two years for $1300 and be limited to which resort/week, etc. This is a Bluegreen timeshare. I will actually pay closing cost, new fews, or whatever, up to $3000, if I can just be done with it. I do NOT trust these cancellation companies either. Maybe it's time to suck it up and apply some customer service skills and business acumen to Bluegreen. I just don't know what I have to hold as leverage against them? I really don't want the credit hit.[/Q] Any timeshare (points packages included) MUST be fully paid off and have no back fees due before deedback will even be considered. However, being fully paid off does NOT mean that a timeshare will be accepted back; many independent timeshare properties still will have nothing to do with deedbacks. Wyndham, Westgate and DRI now all have their own internal "deedback" programs (although Westgate charges $900 for theirs). Have you contacted BlueGreen Corp directly to see if you can work something out with them? I don't know anything at all about BG policies or practices. I'd recommend starting with bluegreenonline.com and drilling down from there. If you have no luck, you may have to advertise to just give it away for free and offer to pay all transfer costs too. Maybe even add a gift card of a few hundred $$$ to entice someone (maybe an existing BG owner would be interested in adding more points). You certainly are not going to be able to "muscle" BlueGreen, but at least opening a dialog with them would be a smart first step. Good luck.