Report Abuse

Re: CNBC: Why inheriting that beautiful timeshare can bust your wallet

I gave two timeshares back in 2011 by using deed backs . I made many calls to the resort and made sure I got a hold of the person that handles deeds . I firmly explained to them that I was going to get them out of my name with or without their assistance . I then convinced them that it was in their best interest to work with me to avoid possible legal fees and lost maintenance fees . I would not be responsible for the actions of the new owner . Obviously they took me seriously and a few short weeks later I had certified copies of the quit claim deeds . It was very quick and inexpensive . Some resorts may demand that you pay the next years maintenance fees to give them time to find a new owner but I find that very reasonable to deal directly with the resort . Most people for some reason don't think they can negotiate their own exit but I did it and I have been free of maintenance fees and assessments since 2011 . My advice is to make it your priority to contact them and at least try it on your own . NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!