Report Abuse

Re: Effect of Timeshare Relief Team, Timeshare Exit Team, etc. advertising on the for-sale-by-owner resale market

[Q=bethd22]Was it through a specific company or Craigslist? We have some we need to get out of. I'd be grateful for any help we could get in finding how to do it.[/Q] I'm not Mark L 19 but here are a few suggestions. First, never ever pay any company a large, upfront fee to try to sell or rent out your timeshare. Any company asking you for such a fee upfront is a scam. Secondly, try to ascertain how much your unit is worth resale. If it's like90% + of the units available out there, then it is probably worth next to nothing. Once you get an idea, then set you sales price accordingly and competitively. If you realize that it is worth about zero dollars, then you might just have to give it away. As for Craigslist, it is not a company that sells timeshares. It's just a listing site where owners can list things that they want to sell such as timeshares and then hope that somebody who wants to buy it will see the ad. Other places where you can advertise are here on RedWeek, My Resort Network, E-Bay, and Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com).