Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit SMALL CLAIMS

I was the executor and inheritor of two timeshares at TMC...I was not able to disown them. I was urged to get rid of them by my lawyers but when I tried it was impossible. I was told I either had to inherit everything or nothing....that I couldn't select what I didn't want. Maybe I got really bad advice. I gave one back to the club for $100 which I haven't and won't receive until everything is resolved. I have met two couples at the club who shared that they somehow managed to have their ownership "disappear" after they die so their heirs won't be stuck with them. I wish you luck. [Q=sunildajs] [Q=sheryld52] I am glad you were able to file, however I live in Hawaii and I think it would be necessary to file in NY (jurisdiction) so it isn’t feasible. I am the Trustee of my Father’s Trust that included TMC. I am also a beneficiary, we just want to be released. I paid the dues this year Jan/2018 which holds us current until Jan 2020. Hope it can all be settled by then, the current Trust Estate bank balance is only $2,235 and has no other Assets. Sheryl[/Q] Sheryld52, it seems to me that you shouldn't be held to a contract someone else made. Just saying, that you should probably be able to get a lawyer to write them a letter saying that you have no obligation to accept this obligatory payment of dues, after the estate is out of funds. .[/Q]