Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

I am going to re-post what I just posted in our MC Facebook Group pages. Here it is: To my Manhattan Club friends! First, thank you to all of you who have emailed attorney Jean Marc Zimmerman already! We have over 100 replies - and YES he is working on the questionnaire to send back to you. Margo Cooper Rappel - thank you for helping Jean Marc with some of the administrative duties! All of this takes time and energy so thank you! To those of you that need his email again - if you are interested in pursuing any legal action (whether it be to just get out, or to stay and lower maintenance, or want to try and recover damages for fraud) - you should email Jean Marc Zimmerman at his email:JMZ@ZIMLLP.COM. NOTE: Some of you have replied and given me your email addresses - please note I cannot do this for everyone. Each owner MUST email him individually so that we can have a clear process and track members submissions. He will send you a questionnaire soon (being finalized) Once he reviews them - we may do another conference call to discuss his strategy. Don't hold me to that though. As to small claims court action: Here is Jean Marc's reply to me: "It has to be filed in NY. It's a NY contract. Eichner will appeal all such decisions. He was represented in court by three attys. The court is not going to automatically award 5K. Damages have to be proven. Owners might get a much smaller amount, moreover that doesn't eliminate the ongoing obligation to pay maintenance fees. Also we are looking to recover more for owners" .....Jean Marc Zimmerman reply. From Sue - As an owner - please do whatever you feel is good for you whether it's emailing Jean Marc or writing letters to NYAG, judges, or all of the above! I would never say that one way is better than another but my hope is that Jean Marc gets hundreds of owners emailing him! With 18K members - we have a long way to go to get the word out! Corinne Smith - you are always a wealth of information for this group and it's so appreciated. Teamwork! Let's just all do SOMETHING and everyone put some energy into this thing - let's GET THESE FRAUDS!