Report Abuse

Re: Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

[Q=jozsefr] This is just another SCAM from Wyndham!!! I just called the phone number and "Rosa" informed me Wyndham willing to take back all our paid contract FOR FREE!!! The cheapest purchase from Wyndham, what i heard of is around $17,000.00, most of us paid way more than that, and Wyndham's "exit solution" is to graciously take it back for free????? Sorry but in my opinion this is just another SCAM.[/Q] It's NOT a scam. I gave back million-and-a-half points and relieved myself of several thousand bucks in annual maintenance fees. I'm in the first of my three years being able to use that many points with no fees of any kind. How I got into having to pay huge maintenance fees might be considered a weakness for their sales pitch. Probably right. But now I can use my former maintenance fee payments to rent motels wherever I want. I won't pay a lot more money doing it that way, either. You surely don't have to give back (free) your points. But as long as you keep them, you WILL have to keep paying maintenance fees. I have not heard of any of the firms that offer to get you out of your timeshare obligations for a fee actually being of benefit to the owners. If anyone has a positive report on those, I would be interested to hear it.