Report Abuse

Diamond Resorts Points devalued again

There are more choices for renting the Diamond properties from Expedia, etc for a lot less $$ than points, in my opinion that is why they shortened the cancellation policy. Try to get a week in Sedona, Az in the winter months now it is near impossible. They are making $$ and screwing the Diamond owners. We need to band together and stop this fraudulent activity... [Q=stpatty] The Interval International (II) Flexchange period for Diamond Resorts International (DRI) members was reduced from 60 days to 30 days, at DRI's request, eff 2015. This means you only get the 50% discount off normal points requirements for starting dates of 30 days or less. The period 31 - 60 days before start date is regular points. This puts DRI members at a distinct disadvantage because all other II members can still book 60 days out for 50% off while DRI members must wait until 30 days out to get the discount. Also, unless you are driving, the plane ticket will cost much more. My cost of ownership has been going up every year since DRI took over. I was waiting until retirement to add more points but am glad I did not. Why would I pay more to get less.[/Q]