Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit: Nonsponsored Board of Directors

I am a relatively happy owner in TMC, although not please with maintenance fees that have escalated to close to 100% to over $2K/year. Since I have been a relatively happy owner who has figured out out how to get my annual usage at the Club, I must admit I have never spent much time reviewing budget/board submissions. That said, I have never seen disclosed, of the 14,000+ owners, how many have refused to pay their fees and how much in total amount is now due. [I imagine this could be broken down into those participating & withholding payment as part of the AG action and those that have just fallen behind for financial reasons, etc.] I have not seen this disclosure/figure on the balance sheet. Presumably between the the increased fees we "paying" members have paid and what I am reading the Echner's have purportedly annually "subsidized" the Club with, TMC is/has been running close to break-even to this point. Is the situation then that the non-current/defaulting members either pay-up or have their ownership default back to the Club [us]. The Club [we] then have a less "oversold" club to enjoy albeit perhaps with even higher maintenance fees or to unwind and sell. Has their been any investigation of getting membership approval of a strategy where the property would be removed from its current "time-share" ownership structure and sold as prime NYC real property. Is this economically feasible [is there a profit to be made that could result in a return of capital to owner]?