Report Abuse

ask-redweek-timeshare-owners-vs-developers

Absolutely fair that Westgate Resorts was ruled against in the Tennesee case. This resort failed in integrity, in non-compliance with federal and state timeshare laws, and have willfully deceitful business practices! I was a victim with their Florida resort, requested to cancel based on the untruths told to me, was told No, and I found legal counsel who fought and got my contract canceled. I am now seeking what did NOT happen - my money back that they refused to return, including their ‘Westgate MasterCard’ given me to cover the ‘downpayment.’ I will use the Tennessee Case as he base for my demand, and will go the full extent for recovery and punitive damages. I have ALL documents and communication updates of actions and findings between my law firm and Westgate. They can ‘lose or burn’ whatever rhey choose to get rid of the evidence. My firm sent me the entire file. I was led to believe I was ‘buying’ a Vacation Home for my family, as advertised by the ‘sales hooker’ at Disney World in Florida while on family vacation. I had a ‘mortgage’ payment each month just like a home purchase! It was misrepresented as a Vacation Home but later I found out it was a Timeshare. I don’t DO Timeshares because I know thst drill. When they reported Canceled on my Credit Report they lied, saying it was due to default. My law firm discovered they never filed the ‘sale’ with the Florida Court of Records and Deeds in the required time, and a laundry list of other violations including RESPA Law. The only reason they canceled was because my law firm brought the Feds into the picture, who demanded documents Westgate could not produce. At risk of the wrath of the Feds, they canceled.