Report Abuse

ask-redweek-marriott-buys-ilg-vistana-hyatt

In the late 1990's, I purchased a Marritott Time Share out of my respect for the Marriott company's level of quality throughout the world. I must say that over the years, as Marriott Vacation Club's programs have expanded both geographically but also in its expansion of ownership of former competitors, I have seen my value for having entrusted in the MVCI constantly dwindle. My ability to get my choices for vacation locations has been greatly diminished, so much so, that in the last five years, I have not been able to use my "prime" weeks for exchange. I fear this new aquisition and expansion of Marriott's domination, will only create less options for owners, than more. From a publicity point of view, past expansions suggested with more new properties, owners have more options. However, in practice, my experience and that of many other MVCI owners I know, just the opposite has happened. When I purchased, I was told buying my location in "prime week" meant I had a property that would always be high demand and good for my trade ability. Nothing has been further from the reality. I fear the future based on this new announcement will only underscore what in retrospect, was a disappointing purchase. I hope that I am wrong!!!