Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts enormously increases the cost of Maintenance/Reserves on their resorts.

Since your singing the praises of Diamond and other timeshares maybe you can explain to me why they are sold at misleading presentations where sales people lie through their teeth . I would like to know why they don't inform the buyer that their product is virtually worthless on the resale market once they walk out the door . Yes there is a rescission period but most people who purchase are on vacation which is part of the plan of the developer . By the time they find out what they committed themselves to the rescission period has expired . They spend millions of dollars researching the best way to lure people into agreeing to purchase . I own a week at a timeshare that I will own forever but I would never purchase points . You are at the mercy of the resort when booking a vacation . The timeshare industry has changed and corporate greed has taken over the industry . If their product is so valuable why don't they buy it back from the owners who want out ? These forums are here to discuss timeshare ownership and so far I hear far more complaints than praises from satisfied customers like you . Let the discussions continue .