Report Abuse

Class action lawsuit

roberts, i have not seen any evidence whatsoever that shows that "we have a settlement in place that forces Eichner out of control and precludes him from doing more timeshare business in the state". a settlement? yes. however, that i am currently aware of is eichner is still in control. not having sufficient legal knowledge, i can't specify on what legal grounds there are to re-open the case. we all have heard of various legal matters being retired. this is not a challenge to your reasoning, but can you offer any idea about why this case cannot be re-opened? i am not alluding to any matters leading to schneiderman's resignation. however the so-called settlement that he achieved in his case against eichner was paltry and unfair to us owners. yes he concluded the proceedings by winning the case for ny state, but the win was hardly a victory. it was merely his way of ending this lengthy this case without the trauma of LOSING. "SETTLEMENT," INDEED. it's more like a shameful ending, a LOSE, LOSE situation. are you really satisfied with this, and willing to do nothing more to see real justice being done? i'm not. [Q=roberts714] There's one major problem with your logic Chris. The State of NY and Eichner signed the settlement agreement. Under what grounds does the NYAG re-open it? The lead attorney for the NYAG resigned under the threat of potential wrong doing. To the best of my knowledge he hasn't been convicted of doing anything wrong. There have been allegations in the media of bad personal behavior. I'm not aware of any proof that Schneiderman didn't do his job. Not to be political but our legal system isn't set up for do-overs. If you could re-open the case the State would be risking that Eichner would be found of lessor violations. Right now we have a settlement in place that forces Eichner out of control and precludes him from doing more timeshare business in the state. IMHO we should be building on the findings the NYAG left us and not backtracking.[/Q]