Report Abuse

Class action lawsuit

bethc222, my understanding is that the magnitude of eichners' fraudulent and sales-scheming activities are criminal offenses and should have been tried in criminal court. eichner defrauded us with, as you rightfully noted, a (similar type of) ponzi scheme.........think bernie madoff.......birds of a feather. yes, schneiderman's lawsuit was "settled." i consider that so-called settlement a miscarriage of justice. it seems schneiderman wanted a win, no matter what......and he got his "victorious" win and probably a gubernatorial acknowledgment for A JOB WELL DONE (????) eichner is a brilliant (and fraudulent) businessman with a cadre of equally brilliant attorneys at his disposal. i doubt that he would have come out as unscathed as he did in this past legal proceeding if the case were tried in criminal court. I mentioned earlier in this forum, that the case should be re-opened. i did not mean in the same venue or under the same circumstances. schneiderman found eichner's criminal fraud via his undercover agents attending and recording lie-infested and fraudulent sales presentations. isn't that enough of a criminal offense (in addition to eichner's mail fraud, i.e., mailing brochures to people he wanted to snare as prospective buyers......a federal offense)?? eichner and all of his associates should be brought to criminal court for another trial using some of the incriminating evidence uncovered by schneiderman. i do not claim legal expertise; however i believe the new nys attorney general would be sufficiently competent to prosecute a criminal case. yes the nysag has other pressing issues and ours (THE MANHATTAN CLUB TIMESHARE OWNERS) is as pressing as others. this case involves in excess of 17-18,000 unsuspecting and defrauded purchasers. one of the jobs of the OFFICE OF THE NYS ATTORNEY GENERAL IS TO PROTECT CONSUMERS' RIGHTS. our rights were violated, and the punishment (of eichner) did not fit his crime. two major parts of the settlement have been ludicrous, i.e, the $6+million fine....equally divided---do the math..........and eichner's loss of permission to do further timeshare business...a joke if i ever heard one. i mentioned earlier of his business accumen and expertise. he could create a dummy company (which he has already done) to start a new timeshare venture and hire some lackey to "head" the business under his direction...quite a realistic scenario, n'est pas? in a few words, EICHNER SHOULD BE TAKEN TO CRIMINAL COURT IMMEDIATELY, even based only one of many pieces of criminal evidence uncovered by schneiderman. i have doubts that any outside attorneys can really help us in our financially disastrous dilemma, unless they are as savvy and numerous as eichner's; however, i would consider listening to what they have to offer but with the utmost caution. chris [Q=bethc222] I believe the new NYAG has more pressing issues to deal with than a lawsuit that's been already been settled. Who knows if anyone is even watching over the settlement to see that those terrible terms are progressing as Eichener's attorneys can always file for extensions? I do hope that the possible new attorney, Mr Zimmerman, sifts through the hundreds of questionnaires and thinks there's a case to proceed with litigation. If he doesn't take on our case, then a class action lawsuit should be pursued which should be an easy win since the Eichners et al have already admitted to committing serious crimes. Think O.J. Simpson who was found guilty of murder only in a civil court. Personally I will no longer send money to criminals. I unfortunately consider my $18,000 purchase as my stupidity of buying into a Ponzi scheme. I'd rather pay my outstanding TMC debt plus interest money to an attorney to sue them. How can those that have admitted they defrauded me have the right to come after me in court, possibly ruin my credit when they're laughing all the way to the bank still collecting exorbitant Ponzi fees? The only way forward is not through the NYAG who fortunately has achieved getting Eichner et al to admit their fraud, but through our own combined litigation.[/Q]