Report Abuse

Info from owner may be incomplete...

[Q=tracey75] Rather than contact the resort directly, I would contact the owner to get the specific weeks that the timeshare floats. [/Q] I respectfully disagree. The first timeshare I bought (many years ago now) was a "floating" week ownership. The owner either did not understand (or deliberately misrepresented, I'll never know which) the weeks available for reservation under that "floating" ownership. Those "floating" details were [b]not[/b] reflected in the deed (I had retrieved and reviewed the deed from public records). Inexperienced, I did not verify with the resort the weeks that could be reserved. Since I had a copy of the current deed with owner identity and details, the resort would surely have told me the range of "floating" weeks in that ownership --- if I had known enough to [b]ask[/b]. As it turned out, the limited weeks in that "floating" ownership were of [b]NO[/b] use or interest to me. I promptly resold the week, at a loss (fortunately, I hadn't paid much for it in the first place). Unlike the person who sold me that week, I provided full and accurate disclosure of the "floating range" reservation limitations to [b]my[/b] buyer. Lesson learned --- the hard way. Don't repeat my mistake.