Report Abuse

Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

I have never admitted to being a part of a scam, so please do not call me a scammer. Timeshare, generally, is not a scam. Most owners do not understand how the system works. This is erroneous information or a misunderstanding on your part. Yes, I worked for several resorts for 15 years, but never lied to anyone. I have always told my owners what timeshare will and will not do. I provided my email address to my owners if they needed help with anything, and I gladly helped. If I learned that the program was a scam, I quit, or was fired because I did not go along with "the program." When a company is bought over (i.e. Sunterra, Epic Resorts, SilverLeaf, etc.) and is taken over by another, new management comes in and is expected to turn a profit ASAP. Often times, they will bring in their own sales team which are not the most honest people. This is why so many timeshares have become scams. Also, many of the resorts that I worked for had very successful referral programs for owners to refer their friends and family for a sales presentation. Obviously, these people were very happy owners. Royal Resorts in Cancun, Mexico had a very satisfied customer base and members always referred their friends and family to purchase. This is, by far, the most honest place that I have ever worked. They guaranteed the same suite the same week for 30 years. Then, you get all your money back. The ONLY reason I left there was because on October 22-23, Hurricane Wilma destroyed Cancun and I relocated to Cabo San Lucas. I have since discovered that timeshare owners know very little about how the industry works and are frustrated with their experiences with their timeshares. I simply want to share what I know with those people to help them better use it,know where and where not to buy a timeshare, or how to get rid of it Please do not call names to someone you know nothing