Report Abuse

Re: Villa Group Timeshare Scam

I am a former timeshare sales and marketing executive and have worked for The Villa Group at the Villas Del Palmar in Cabo San Lucas and Cancun, and the Villas Del Arco in Cabo San Lucas. I purchased two timeshares from The Villa Group and they work just fine. I never converted to points as it is a complete scam. Consider your initial investment gone. They have stated in sales meetings that they will not give people their money back. I helped a couple recoup their $33,000, but they were on vacation in Mexico and the resort gave them a studio when they paid for a one bedroom. I told them to mention Profecco to the sales manager and they gave them their money back. But, this is because they violated the contract. The resorts will recoup that money with an hour in sales presentations. In Cancun, they were generating over $200,000 daily in sales. You can simply walk away. You do not own anything, and there is nothing they can to to do legally from Mexico as the property is in Mexico. The airport is the most profitable marketing tool that they have. This is why they use it and only the best OPCs get to work at the airport. Foreigners arrive and have no idea what to do, where to go, and the OPCs are lined up to get you on a sales presentation - regardless of the means - transportation, excursions, gifts or cash, for those who know how to negotiate. When you show up, they get paid depending on your qualifications. They get paid more for white couples from the U.S. and white females and gays. Blacks, Indians, Jews and other minorities pay much less. Yes, qualifications are based on race. They have a schedule in writing. When you purchase, they get a commission of 1%. The new resorts in the Cancun area beautiful, but the point systems are worthless. The resorts can sell as many points as they desire because they are not attached to any specific inventory. With points, you need to pay every time you use your points. More money for them.