Report Abuse

Re: Wyndham's "Ovation" program...

I'm sorry that you ever got added to the deed (not a smart move, as you have now learned) and even more sorry that you ever paid Timeshare Exit Team a dime before learning of the free "exit" opportunity via Ovation. But that's all water under the bridge now. I agree with your immediately pursuing preparation and recording of a new deed, as you have proposed, with your parents as sole "grantees". Their intentions were good, but the consequences are not. A new deed can be prepared and recorded for less than $200 via an outfit like LTTransfers. Wyndham may or may not impose their own (gratuitous but customary) $299 "transfer fee to process the change in ownership after a new officially recorded deed is presented to them. I doubt that TET will refund much if any of your money, but I respectfully submit that it can't hurt to at least [b]try[/b] to negotiate a partial refund ( and obtain written and signed agreement from TET to [b]cease[/b] "representing' you) so that you can proceed with Ovation directly with Wyndham. You could probably have expected TET to be looking for even more money from you at some point anyhow --- that seems to be their pattern, according to unhappy user web posts. [b]HOWEVER[/b], with all that being said, you should [b]first[/b] verify directly with the folks at Wyndham that this particular ownership would even be considered for acceptance into Ovation at all in the first place, since Wyndham doesn't take back everything --- they definitely "cherry pick". You're obviously in a tough situation but I hope that you can negotiate your way out of it, one way or another. Good luck.