Report Abuse

Bel Air Vacation Club

Hello Mrs. Rothney unfortunately what you said about "The failure to pay a non-personal debt, i.e., maintenance fee,should not be reported on one's credit report" is wrong because of the contract you signed, any time you default on payments you’ve contractually agreed to make, it has the potential to hurt your credit score. A timeshare default is no different. Depending on the specifics of your timeshare agreement, default could lead to collections actions, civil judgements and even foreclosure, any of which could appear on your credit report. While not every timeshare developer reports foreclosures to the credit reporting bureaus, this does not mean that your timeshare foreclosure won't show up in your credit history. In fact, defaulting on your timeshare mortgage can be just as damaging to your credit score as defaulting on your home mortgage. The other thing Mrs. Rothney a "deed back in lieu of foreclosure" must by accepted by the company in this case we don´t, what I can offer you is to pay $4000.00, $3500.00 less late fees and $500.00 to cancel the account, the payment must be done before August 30, before we report to credit bureaus. I am trying to get rid of my timeshare in Mexico. The previous is the answer I got from the resort. I need help as what to do.