Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

You may want to take another look at your Marriott Points Chart. We own one fixed week in a 3 bedroom, oceanfront Villa in the Napili building. That week equals equals 10,225 points plus 3,000 point we purchased brought us to Chairman's level. A few years ago Chairman's level increased to 15,000 points but members that were at that level prior to the increase were grandfathered in. Thanks to Chairman's status we also enjoy lifetime Platinum status with our Marriott Rewards credit card. Facts matter! [Q=charless345] [Q=nonniec] I guess it just depends on how you use it. We own a week in Maui that we usually turn in for vacation club points. In addition we purchased 3,000 points to bring us to Chairman's level. We don't travel during high demand times and have been able to book what we ask for. It works well for retired people and I'm sorry it's not good for others. You can try to list your time on Vacation Candy.com or Redweek for more than your maintenance fees if you can't use your time.[/Q] One Maui week and 3000 weeks is not going to bring you to Chairman level. This would make me suspect your credibility. I own Marriott too and enjoy the program. It has its pluses and minuses like everything else.[/Q]