Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

It used to be you could give your Timeshare back to the club and get little or nothing for it. They are not currently doing that. You can get on a list to give it back. You can try to sell it, but there aren't any takers because it isn't hard for a prospective buyer to find out about the investigation/settlement and the fact that at the moment the timeshares aren't worth anything. Also, it used to be that if you did find a buyer, TMC had first right of refusal. My advice is to contact Lynne O'Donnell in the financial dept. she can tell you what options, if any you have. But she is most likely going to tell you that nothing is happening at the moment because of the settlement process that is going on year 2 out of 3 years. Or, wait and see what Bluegreen has to offer. They are taking over units and management of TMC and apparently are already on site and have been since 2010, I believe I read...Read Jeff Weirs recent article about the state of affairs posted a few posts above yours. [Q=barbarat368] I would like to get out of my ownership of the Manhattan Club. I'm reading about the lawsuit and must admit I'm not very informed. I have not stayed at the Manhattan Club in years and have exchanged in RCI Is there any problem with selling the timeshare?[/Q]