Report Abuse

Re: Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

[Q=charlese71] We had two weeks at The Wyndham Long Wharf in Newport, RI. ... I bought them as resales and only paid a dollar for one of them. ... However, we are now in our 80's and it is more difficult to travel. I called Ovation, spoke to a really nice person and three weeks later received the paperwork to transfer the units back to Wyndham. I hope other timeshare sellers realize that this is something they need to do as the original buyers grow older.[/Q] Good for you! We just used the last of our three years worth of "free" Limited Edition points to book a stay for 2019, so we're near the time when our not-always-pleasant association with Fairfield/Wyndham will come to an end. In light of all the stories shared in this Redweek forum, I'm betting Wyndham will keep Ovation going forever, with or without Limited Edition. As noted in these pages pretty frequently, through Ovation Wyndham is getting inventory for almost nothing (there is, of course, in-house administrative and legal expense), and they have to be significantly cutting costs and wasted time associated with trying to collect from owners who quit paying because they have no other way out and/or from kids who refuse to inherit their parents' timeshares. Other timeshare sellers will most certainly copy Wyndham in some way, shape or form.