Report Abuse

Wyndham Timeshare

[Q=jamesr1211] Looking to get out of 84,000 points a year time share, Bonnet Creek Florida. Still owe less than half mortgage. Any help? I’ve read a lot here. I wouldn’t pay anyone upfront to “cancel” timeshare. What do I do? Can I give it away? Not looking for a profit. Just can’t use it anymore. Thanks[/Q] If you still have a unpaid loan balance, no one on Planet Earth (including Wyndham itself) is going to accept your timeshare. In fact, if you still have a unpaid loan balance, you really cannot even give it away for free until or unless that unpaid debt is first satisfied. About all you can really do is pay off the debt and then give it back to Wyndham under their "Ovation" program, or just pay nothing further at all, default on the loan balance and take the (7 years long) negative credit report hit. In the end, it's your personal decision to make. You are wise to avoid paying [b]any[/b] money to [b]any[/b] useless escape / relief / exit / rescue parasite operation, although lots of them exist. None of them have any magic beans or secret elixirs to make your debt and contractual obligation just somehow magically disappear.