Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

No, it’s not $25,000 for “ changing towels.”...... My maintenance is about $5, 500 per year....so, yes, I know it isn’t free......but to put that into perspective we just paid $159 per night ( plus tax!) to stay in a FAIRFIELD INN near an airport. I paid as opposed to using some of our Rewards points because hotel prices have escalated so much that anything under $189 is now a bargain. As you know, a Fairfield is decent....but you certainly wouldn’t want to spend a week vacation there. We took 3 trips since June where hotels were involved....you would be stunned at the cost. Maintenance fees cover a lot more than towels....they are the operating expenses! The landscaping, pool maintenance, front desk, housekeeping, recreation staff and security salaries. Throw in the real estate taxes, ground and pool upkeep materials, new plants, annual painting where needed, elevator maintenance, trash service, etc... then the improvement costs that aren’t special assessments to the owners like missing and worn towels, the blender needed replaced...one specific unit needs a new refrigerator, etc.... Maintenance isn’t maid service...it is what runs the place.