Report Abuse

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

First of all, there is no Santa Claus helping to get rid of a timeshare. Last night I was telling my friend how timeshares are what I call a negative investment. A sucker (and you can put me on that list) plucks down a 5 figure sum of money & the moment you sign the papers, your money is gone. Flushed down the toilet. Your only return is a weeks vacation somewhere once a year. Whoopee do! When one figures in the monthly maintenance fee, it's the worst waste of your hard-earned money. By the way, thinking you are going to get your investment back by selling it, is akin to squeezing blood from a turnip. My next thought is a cottage industry was created with the growth of timeshares. These are these shady run places that try to convince you they can get rid of your timeshare. They seem to come & go with the tide. They cannot & do not plan to do anything except post a picture & description of your timeshare. For that you forked over $1000 or more. Gimme a break! The Ovation program at Wyndham worked for me. I am out of my timeshare & only paid a real estate broker through an escrow company. Similar to selling a piece of property. If you listen to only this piece of advice this is it. Don't do business with a stranger until you research the company's reviews. And for goodness sake, don't listen to a "friend" until you do your research on this "friend's friend." Finally, if you are being high pressured, hang up!