Report Abuse

what has happened to Groupwise?

I'd recommend to see if they recorded your deed online. Finding your deed depends on the location of the resort. I don't know the laws of every state but most states have online public records. You can search online for the name of the county where the resort is located and the term "deed search". Make sure you only use websites that are the official website of the county. Then you can search for deeds by name. For example, for the counties in Florida, they have webpages for "Official Records" and that is where the deeds are located. If the deed was recorded, then your best bet is to contact the resort and ask if there are any fees due on the timeshare account. If not, then send them the deed and pay the transfer fee and be done. If the deed has not yet been recorded, contact your credit card company by phone and file a chargeback. Also, I had inquired with the office manager of Groupwise and she confirmed that the business has shut down. You can also send a complaint with the BBB and they will probably contact the company's owner.