Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst

[Q=markt611] Marriott Vacation Club stole my Timeshare in Orlando. After 17 years of ownership, they stole my 35,000 USD property because I forgot to pay the 1200 USD maintenance fee one time. I moved and did not receive the notice. They had my phone number and email address, but sent the notice via "snail mail". Who does that in 2018! When I noticed that I had not paid the annual maintenance fee I contacted them to make arrangements to pay it immediately. When I called them, they said "too bad" we took it already! Crooks!!![/Q] It's October now, which would mean the MF's are 10 months overdue. When did you notice that you didn't pay and make arrangements. Did you simply use your 2018 usage or had they already completely foreclosed on the the account? Typically that process would take 6-12 months depending on the state. In 2018, Marriott also has online accounts that you could log onto anytime from anywhere to see your account information including how much is due and when it is due. You don't have to rely on "snail mail" alone. I am surprised you didn't have your mail automatically forwarded from your old address. If you really want another Marriott in Orlando, you can get one for $0-$3500 depending on the resort and season.