Report Abuse

Re: Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

Glad you were able to opt in on this solution. Clearly you are going to lose some "investment" here, but I can say that 3 years of points with no maintenance fees is a good thing. (We have children and grandchildren who are enjoying this.) Our experience with Wyndham on the Ovation solution was very professional and straightforward -- nothing like being imprisoned by the sales weasels. The lesson for our children and grandchildren (and great-grands) in all of this is DO NOT EVER, EVER BUY A TIMESHARE!! It isn't an investment! And also, people will lie to you for their own enrichment and your own loss. Not to be 100% negative, Wyndham facilities are first class and I have enjoyed them for a long time. I have another 2 years now to enjoy them. When the time is up, I will gladly give up the experience. (I guess I'm only 99% negative.) [Q=davidm2590] I have just begun the process of deeding back my timeshare through Ovation (Wyndham). In our case, Wyndham will take the TS back. The process seems straightforward and the highlights that I know so far : 1. Wyndham determines what they will/can do for the owner 2. Once determined, an email or regular mail packet is sent. This takes approx. 6 weeks to arrive. 3. Once signed by all parties and sent in, a return email is sent to confirm the transaction. We'll see what happens and I'll keep all posted on the progress.[/Q]