Report Abuse

Re: New Owners

I just bought 2 days ago would you be willing to let me know some more info privately I am worried maybe we mad a bad decision [Q=jlb] It does not matter if I have a backbone or not, since I am not a victim. I can't file a complaint if I have not been scammed. Pretty simple. Not to reveal too much, but I/we have been timesharing for more than 25 years, and advising other owners via internet timeshare forums almost every day for about 15 years. I, and a small group of others, worked together to help reveal the secrets when they were all "proprietary". During this time, I have ran several issues past the MO AG, so that I know that I cannot do that unless I am a victim. I have also done the same in Florida. I have done the best one person can to try to get these folks to understand that the biggest scam is what is considered the "legitimate" timeshare industry. If they did not do what they do the way they do it, there would be no need for resale scams and post card companies. Those who know me know this, and I don't see anyone in this thread who knows me. In this case, if the industry provided for owners when they are done using their timeshares, this scam could not be perpetrated. I have talked to other salespeople at the same resort, and they are rude, callous, unconcerned about anything but the next deal. One has mocked me over the $3000 in annual fees we have for timeshares we no longer use. Yesterday I ran into a couple who were just livid, totally upset and out of sorts. They had just left their 90-minute presentation after four hours. Same resort. The good thing for them . . . they left. Since I am no more of a victim than you, and vice versa, feel free to link this thread to the MO AG, anyone: ag@ago.mo.gov[/Q]