Report Abuse

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

This past summer I did exit Wyndham using the Ovation program. First of all make sure your maintenance fees are current, and you do own your timeshare free & clear, all paid for. When I called them, I was referred to 5 real estate companies in Florida. I picked one and the sale was handled through them the way one would be selling a piece of a deeded real property with an actual escrow company. I paid NO upfront fees & actually received a check for $1500 after deducting closing costs & their commission (quite normal in any sale of property). My timeshare was deeded which made it much easier to sell. The downside is I had 234,000 points built up with RCI & failed to have any reservations already in the works, so I ended up losing that, but, I no longer have any timeshare worries & my piece of mind knowing I am out of this was far more important. My timeshare was at the Grand Desert in Las Vegas which is a very popular destination and that may have helped expedite the sale. I would have to look at my records, it was probably 2 months for all the paperwork to be completed back in forth. If you have any questions you may contact me at jl3156b@aol.com.