Report Abuse

Wanting to sell timeshare.

[Q=paul974]....my experiences and a multitude of evidence about the lack of a market for timeshare resales demand careful scrutiny of the claims. [/Q] In my own 35+ years of timeshare ownership and experience, I have observed that there is [b]always[/b] a market for high demand weeks in desirable locations during times of year where and when demand consistently exceeds supply. For low demand weeks and / or overbuilt locations however, all bets are off. In overbuilt places like Orlando, FL or Branson, MO, there is a glut of timeshare properties and weeks and supply always far exceeds demand. Likewise for weeks on Cape Cod in the dead of New England winter. I don't claim to know anything about Vacation Village at Parkway, or even where it's located, nor have you identified the specific week(s) you own there. [b]Demand[/b] ultimately rules over all else. Also, fewer and fewer people "buy to trade" anymore, since RCI has become both increasingly expensive [b]and[/b] woefully lacking in enough truly desirable inventory into which to "exchange". "Buying to trade" has essentially now become just a futile fool's errand, at least in my personal opinion.