Report Abuse

Wanting to sell timeshare.

RedWeek notifies when resales occur, just as it does when new resales are posted. Unfortunately, they don't report transaction history. There's a useless graph of going prices on a weekly basis, but no public information about time-on-market or time-to-sale. [Q=ken1193] [Q=paul974] Both eBay and craigslist can serve as additional advertising visibility, with ads on both sites referring potential customers to RedWeek where a broker does all the work to conduct the transaction. Based on the low and practically non-existent resale activity on RedWeek, I have to assume that these additional advertising attempts are necessary to hook a buyer.[/Q] I respectfully but strongly disagree. Fwiw, I have [b]never[/b] used the broker services offered on RedWeek, nor have I ever advertised on either craigslist or eBay (and I frankly would not even consider doing so). I have no idea on what basis you conclude (erroneously, in my opinion and personal experience) that there is "low and practically non-existent resale activity on RedWeek". With all due respect, it depends on what it is that you are trying to sell, as plainly addressed in the few preceding posts --- and it appears that you are seeking to part company with something in one of the "dime a dozen" areas of excessive timeshare property construction. Out of the 10 specific weeks I individually identified above, all but one was sold as a result of advertising on RedWeek --- and [b]nowhere[/b] else. The other one was sold with no advertising at all, to another owner at that resort. Nonetheless, I wish you luck. You may well have to consider throwing in payment of the next maintenance fee bill and paying all closing costs and transfer fees yourself in order to entice someone to take over ownership of your timeshare in overbuilt Orlando --- even if otherwise FREE. It's all about [b]demand[/b].[/Q]