Report Abuse

Re: New Owners

Here's what I can tell you about locating that "right person". It was three or four years ago, and I met him at what was then The Payne Stewart Golf Club. I like to talk to people, find out stuff about them, and find commonalities. A lot of timeshare types golf there, and it is owned by the company that developed the Grandvista Resort, which they sold to David Seigel's Wastegate money-pit. The first time I met him he said he and his wife had just moved to Branson from Kauai. They had been sales people at the Point at Poipu, a resort I am familiar with and had stayed at. He said his wife got transferred to Branson with DRI. He was not working. The next time I saw him, he had started working, selling at Stormy Point Village. The next time I saw him, he was jacked sideways, saying he was now the top sales person, a guy in his 50s showing those kids how it's done. The next time I saw him, and asked how it's going, he had quit. He said as part of their sale, they promised that they would get buyers out of their exiting timeshares/maintenance fees. He said one day he asked a co-worker how they were able to make one phone call and find a buyer for all those existing weeks when no one else could, when no one can get rid of their timeshares. His buddy just laughed at him . . . because it was a lie. Everyone he had sold to was still stuck with their old timeshares, too. He said he went to his manager, a lady I believe, and said, "Keep that $70,000 you owe me. I'm done lying." I reviewed all of the couple of hundred BBB complaints at that time, and it confirmed what he said, and I don't see that anything has changed. He is the one who told me that if any one lawyered up, they would let them out of their contracts, but they were still coming out ahead even doing that. That was lawyering up about the initial sales, not about failure to do what they said later on. I reported all that to the AG, probably Chris Koster at the time, but, of course, it was just hearsay from me, so . . . There, see if you can find him. As for the MO AG, Josh Hawley was a joke, just a full-of-himself, power-hungry kid, climbing the ladder until the Peter Principle sets in. Does the MO AG even do anything for the consumer right now? The last one who did was Jay Nixon, but even he did not get rid of all the sleaze in Branson.