Report Abuse

Reality check for Manhattan Club owners

For those of you debating whether to pay maintenance fees while hoping for other legal results, here is a reasonable way to take a 'wait and see' approach to your TMC ownership. Pay your fees, get a good reservation, then list it on RedWeek.com for rent. Many owners already do this, but obviously many do not. I have rented TMC rooms on RedWeek from owners who were happy to get $200 or more per night for a junior suite. The process is easy and inexpensive. In fact, you can list your TMC interval for rent and for resale on RedWeek for under $100 for a six month listing. In my opinion, this is one of the best bargains in timeshare. FYI, I write news articles and Ask RedWeek columns for RW, so you can assume I am biased. But I am also a timeshare owner who has successfully rented many of my units on RW in the past --- long before I started writing news articles for RW. As all of you know, there will be no quick resolution of the legal issues involving the club, so I heartily recommend renting your intervals on RW in the meantime. It is a good way to recover some if not all of your maintenance fees. Check it out.