Report Abuse

2nd owners, non dues payers, multi unit owners and people with various stories!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dear chris, I did speak to Mr Zimmerman who was most open and clarified all my questions to my satisfaction so that I can say that I have NO reservaions about joining the suite. While I will not speak for him, he now recognizes that MANY owners fall into my stated subgroups and he will issue a clarification of how ALL members who join in will be treated should a settlement be reached in our favor. In summary I feel his case is overwhelming strong, and the only investment he requests is #1250 total. If he prevails he will be entitled to a percentage what his efforts recoup. His position is that we should be elegible for a full refund of the retail origional listed price of our "investment" Even the most cynical should see that his fee could provide a great payback. I will let him deliver his stated intended policy but EVERYONE should stand up and shell out the retainer NOW as you have little more to loose and a boatload to gain from this action. It doesnt matter how you got your deed, how much you paid, if you are current or behind in dues, you have a great chance to claw back a serious chunk of money from the crooks who hope you are embarissed or lazy and let them walk away with MILLIONS of our dollars.... [Q=chrisv126] sidney, you're bringing forth some uncommon and unique situations, which have merit. however, no attorney can possibly help with these much-less-common issues individually. perhaps those involved here would profit from retaining their own individual attorneys. among other issues i understand zimmerman will address are as follows: 1.....unscrupulous, exorbitant maintenance fees, working toward substantially reducing them. 2.....making owners' reservation/accommodation process much less restrictive. 3.....creating a share sell-back process in line with nyc real estate market-value rather than the nonsensical, fraudulent "giveback" for $100 if an owner prefers to sell. 4.....obtain access to TMC owners' list to help zimmerman activate the common good, actually a primary, essential objective. 5.....additional common issues owners have other than the comparatively unique problems you mention. 6.....restriction of the practice of TMC using owners' TMC TIMESHARE as a HOTEL (AS BLATANTLY ADVERTISED ON TMC'S OWN WEBSITE), offering owners' accommodation time to non-owners therefore reducing owners' ability of getting desired reservation time. the above problems, common to the majority of owners, are what zimmerman is charged with litigating. your description of uncommon issues is important, but it seems to be over and above the reality of zimmermermans' ability to respond to individually. obviously, that decision remains with zimmerman, but that's my assessment of the scenario you present, the sub-group of owners as you label your description. i stress, your "sub group" should contact zimmerman and express their issues with him. as i said above, the decision to address the needs of those you cite remains with zimmerman. chris [Q=sidneyf6] I am in strong support of the zimmerman effort but wish to call your attention to a variety of sub group of owners who may be holding back from joining as their situation is different from the norm. I think a bit of clarification of their potential status and how they would be treated in a potential success needs to be considered so they can evaluate the benifit of joining rather than dropping out of the effort. 1 Some of us purchased ownership shares on the secondary market and didnt pay as much as through the Club.. Same deed/ same share of settlement??? 2 Some have not paid dues for a number of years How would zimmerman view the recoup of this class 3 Some people have multiple deeds. In a family case one penthouse and 2 suites..... also has not paid for a year or two. How much for representation in muti owner situation. If someone has answers please respond, if not ...discussion needs to be brought foward as many have similar issues. Sid.feldman@verizon.net[/Q][/Q]