Report Abuse

Re: Has anyone had dealing with ARC American Resort Collection?

I have 2 timeshares there and never had a problem until ARC came along. Apparently they didn't have enough insurance coverage to cover damages from Irma. Now they want the timeshare owners to foot the bill that the insurance won't cover. There are also rumours that they inflicted additional damage and fraud to try and get the place fixed up by the insurance. By the way the brunt of Irma was felt on the west coast of FL not the east coast. I believe there is litigation going on between ARC and Insurance company. I am retired and only live on Social Security and can no longer afford there inflated fees. I kept everything current until they closed the place down in 2017. I was diagnosed with cancer and informed them of my predicament and they said to file a hardship letter and they would consider letting me turn over my units. I did so and never heard from them but still get harassing phone calls and threatening letters. They told me they are going to sue me I said go ahead I'll probably be dead before we ever get to court.