Report Abuse

Wyndham's "Ovation" program...

Wyndham Sr. VP Legal, Jason Gamel, testifying at the Florida HB 435 workshop March 12 in Tallahassee, made the following statements at the workshop I attended. You can listen to his actual testimony, but as I understand, Mr. Gamel claims, 99% of inventory is eligible for Ovations (for those who qualify/no loan/fees current). There is no need for a Wyndham owner to seek services from an exit company because Wyndham has a hardship department. Due to disclosures, I don't want to publish the link to Florida HB 435 workshop held March 12, but the recording can be easily found at https://thefloridachannel.org/. Search the workshop by entering 3/12/19 Business and Professions Committee. The first 1 ½ hours is about beer and spirits distribution. The timeshare workshop can be found by fast-forwarding to the session’s last hour. The disclosure said the link cannot be published for campaign or advocacy purposes. I would appreciate your feedback, and please state if you would allow me to publish your comments in an upcoming article that we will send to the Florida freshman representative who sponsored the bill. All but one Florida representative, in an extraordinary show of consumer support, asked Mr. Gamel to provide actual figures, which he said he would do. The representative who asked for this information said he had to file for bankruptcy in 1995 to get out of his timeshare. Not feeling the love, ARDA filed an identical bill in the less consumer friendly state of Nevada March 18, the last day to file a bill, so we would also send your comments to the two Nevada Senators sponsoring Nevada SB 348. A Wyndham owner sent us a letter to the editor in response to an article I wrote about the workshop. He vigorously disputed Mr. Gamel's statements. It would help if we had more than one person share their story, like Mr. Sherwood. His experience seems to dispute Mr. Gamel's assertion as to the hardship dept. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEHBhtGlbQI&feature=youtu.be