Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

ok folks, here is the scoop. EZEXITNOW.org-I had a typo in there earlier today and didnt catch. Sorry This company takes your yearly maintenace fees x7 and that is what they want to get us out of the timeshare. They are the only firm that is rated highly by the BBB, and it all checks out. I went looking for negative comments and found none anywhere including on here that I looked. Nothing comes up when you do a search on the forums on multiple sites. There was no pressure to buy in and they looked over our current contract. I was offered a discount, since we are Silver owners and have a lot of points. We did not pay what they want (premium price) for what we own, but got deals to upgrade along the way that put us at this level. They LIED to us every single time in one way or another. We were shocked when our bill arrived for 2019-it had gone up another $300. This is NOT a scam, but its a way out. I did not sign up at all. This was a meeting to discuss what they do and how, etc. I intend to do more research. I want proof-hard proof that this is legit and that it works before giving anyone any money at all. I have asked for testimonials, names and numbers of satisfied clients, not sure if they will give that up or not. We'll see. We have enjoyed our timeshare for 14 years. We have watched our maintenance fees rise every year and now, Diamond puts the owners up in the same units-the least nice units at most of their resorts and rents on the open market on rental sites, like booking.com, and expedia and a host of others. The best units go to those they are trying to sell points to-only the best for the potential new owners will do. The owners are getting no VIP treatment other than their VIP checkin they call it, with free sodas and snacks-BIG DEAL! I have been told there is no availability and yet there are rooms available on these rental sites for the same dates. I have gotten rooms afterall by complaining up the ladder to higher ranking supervisors at the company and demanded service and gotten it! but you have to get NASTY to hold them accountable these days. It is something that has made me so mad that I am trying to find out my options. The industry has changed so much in the past 2 years, I am quite surprised they are able to sell anything at all! I feel like Diamond is screwing everyone over again by the way they are running the business, on our backs, when we helped to build this company to what it is today by our ownership and contributions to help keep it beautiful and a place I wanted to vacation. I had 2 experiences in Florida at two different resorts last fall. One nice and the other so disgusting that I am determined to DO something!! We all need to get together and maybe we can make a difference-I don't know how to get the ball rolling, but for sure, everyone posting on here sounds pretty unhappy like me. I feel that I got my money out of what I was paying for those first few years. Our lodging was 5 star and worth way more on the open market than what I paid in yearly maintenance fees. Now the pendulum has totally swung to the other side. Anyone can book at these resorts, even low class, obnoxious rude guests who have no regard or respect for the other guests-the OWNERS-who just want to have a quiet relaxing stay at the poolside reading a book and listening to the waterfall! I have no interest in getting stone drunk and acting inappropriately. Complaints went unaddressed and I simply stayed in my suite more than I had planned to-which totally sucked. ALL of those rude obnoxious guests were NOT owners-and paid NO Maintenence fees at all. I am MAD as heck and not taking it anymore!