Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

hello nathan, you have managed to put down most of us who are trying to right some wrongs as best we can, regarding TMC. sorry, nate, but you're barking up the wrong tree. we will continue to move forward and prevail, albeit with your discouraging words. at the end of the day, even you will reap the benefits of our hard work and persistence. so sit back and watch others of us all continue plodding toward a victorious new day. at that point, maybe we'll all get together on the TMC 26th floor lounge for a victory drink.............on you. most of us, after reading your current post, will now probably decline reading further than "nathan z" should you decide to put us down again in future postings. happy day to you. perhaps your discouraging words will encourage and prompt us to work even harder toward fair and reasonable treatment from TMC. we have additional and undisclosed legal plans other than those you disparage, so keep reading this thread. avoid commenting more unless it's truly creative and may help us all to work towards an equitable solution for all of us. [Q=nathanz2] I haven't posted in 4-5 months, but haven't deleted the thread in the hope that something useful might be posted. I certainly hope MC staff read this thread, not because much of value is posted but because why should we be the only ones to suffer? In 8 years, there have been 5500 posts. I am confident that 5000 have been placed by a core group of 50 or less, with half the volume being placed by one individual. This is out of roughly 15,000 owners. I really wish that RedWeek would tell us how many unique posters there have been. Understanding that the Eichner group wrote all the rules in their favor and abused them further does not change the fact that a settlement between the Eichner Group and the NY AG's Office has already been reached. There is no "class action suit" and since JMZ is bringing individual suits based on individual claims and merits, I'm not sure any precedent will be established if he does win one or more suits. Despite the claim recently made here, even Irene is not yet victorious. According to her post, the Eichner group has offered her a settlement, which is probably a nuisance payment less than their continued cost of representation. If you have a lawyer - speaking to people on this thread - let him/her do your representation. If you don't have an attorney, there is nothing new here that hasn't already been said and argued over ten times already. Blue Green may have a shaky reputation elsewhere, but their role at the MC is still an unknown. Here's my take: this thread is mostly the blind leading the blind. There is no moderator, so there is no limit on whatever is claimed. People make assertions and misrepresentations, call each other names and act like keyboard commandos. There are never corrections, so anything posted - right or wrong - stays here forever. If you need legal advice, talk to an attorney. JMZ is likely to be most familiar with the situation at the MC. His contact info is all over this thread. But if you need real advice on matters like an estate or whether or to pay your maintenance fees it will cost you money out of pocket if you want a qualified professional because "contingency fees" only make sense for an attorney when you bring a lawsuit for monetary damages that he thinks he can win. Happy posting![/Q]