Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

hello deborah s, your comments leave room for differences of opinion, e.g., to pay MF or not, which is a noteworthy quality. also of note are comments on this forum that appear to defend TMC practices and issues that have hurt most of us owners so badly, especially financially. this is another difference of opinion, but not the type that is shared by those opposed to being continuously defrauded and scammed. [Q=deborahs528] [Q=williamm465] To your last Point Chris--it is strange and undaunting as you say. But the situation was created by those of you not paying your maintenance fees. I am glad they are getting a few dollars rather than let the suites sit empty.[/Q] I can't agree with your statement and feel it is inflammatory. People were scammed and defrauded. Many of us spent hours upon hours, calling, writing letters to the AG and judges. And 4 years waiting for a settlement. The first meager checks were doled out to a few last August and we still are waiting another year and half to see the rest of the outcome of the settlement which does not seem promising, especially with the possibility of Bluegreen taking over. Each person has to do what they feel is right for themselves and their circumstances, even if that includes not paying their fees. People were ripped off and lied to and our justice system has failed us. Paying or not paying the fees wouldn't be an issue if this fraud had never occurred. I pay my fees and enjoy the club, but I don't fault others for choosing not to pay if that is the only way they can feel some satisfaction with a terrible situation. However, to continue venting and bullying is not the purpose of this forum and is not constructive and divides us. It makes a bad situation worse.[/Q]