Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

William, you have it backwards. The "situation" was created by TMC....Eichner et al. They started this game of fraud and deceipt from the beginning, long before people stopped paying. It's the REASON people stopped paying. The maintenance fees started rising astronomically, despite having been told they wouldn't , all the while not being able to use the time that we were paying for...unless MAYBE if we booked 9 to 12 months in advance.. and even then I couldn't get the exact dates that we wanted or needed, which was not what we were told and sold. And then we caught wind of the AG's sting investigation ...and the fraud and deceit that was uncovered (and BTW, that they ended up stipulating and admitting to) and the realization that we were duped from the beginning... outright lied to and PLAYED. We were keeping our end of the bargain by paying year after year..and they didn't keep any part of theirs. THAT'S when we made the decision to stop paying. We had been used, taken advantage of and lied to long enough. No more throwing good money after bad. My husband and I just chalked it up as the worst financial decision we've ever made in our life. THEY breached the contract not us, and we, like many others, were furious that they were using us owners to pay and support TMC and instead of giving us what we were paying for, they stole from us...rented OUR rooms, OUR time.. to the general public, in essence, double-dipping. And worse than that... the money that they were getting for the rentals was not going into the HOA, it was going in their pockets. And that's on top of the 6.5 million that they were skimming off the top every year!. So please, tell me again...WHO created this situation???