Report Abuse

Re: Suitelife Vacations anyone?

That's interesting. I was emailing with another member that was also refusing to pay fees and even though she had not paid anything for several years (more than 2), they kept sending requests for payment, which she said apparently kept the account from expiring (or whatever you call it when it goes past the 2 year period). The 2 year expiry only counts if they don't keep sending the requests for payment, in other words, if you don't hear from them at all for 2 years then the claim is dead. But if they started sending requests for payment within the 2 years and continue doing so, it's still good. These people are like leeches - they don't give up easily. once they have you After all, the members (victims) paying the yearly maintenance fees are their only source of income these days. I doubt many people are actually booking vacation places through them - their prices are higher than you can get on other web sites. And I don't think they're signing up new members. At a showdown meeting in their office back when they wanted everyone to pay the "Special assessment", they pretty much admitted they spend too much to recruit new members - something like $500 for each one. It was actually kind of hilarious - they were trying to get our sympathy, claiming they aren't making any money and that they were operating as a non-profit organization. Ha-ha, yeah right. No one was buying it. By the way, be careful what you say in here about your own specific situation - I'm pretty sure they monitor this thread and they might increase their efforts against you. And if you're getting collection requests weekly, maybe its time to get some legal advice. A strong letter from a lawyer might get them to back off. Good luck. [Q=christinel252] Sorry for the late reply Jerry A., but was waiting to see if anyone else in the same situation had responded and what they were going to do. Didn`t see any responses, so am wondering if they are targeting certain members. As it stands, we aren't paying anything more to a fraudulent company who scammed us good. The collection agency continues to send us weekly by email the threatening collection letters. The two year limitation period for Suitelife to sue us expired two years after the last payment was made which was a few years ago. I just researched the limitation period on the internet and checked several sites just to make sure.[/Q]