Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

@ William who wrote "While I had the Financial Services rep on the phone, I asked why TMC is not foreclosing on those who are not paying their maintenance fees. She told me that the AG would not permit them to do so. However, she also said that ban has recently been lifted and they are beginning foreclosure proceedings. She also said the non payers will now be reported to the credit reporting agencies." In 2015 a class action settlement has been reached with BG, Experian, and Equifax over allegations that timeshare owners’ delinquent accounts were reported as foreclosures in violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act. BG sent a series of letters to the delinquent owners advising them that they were terminated from the BG and the status of their accounts have been or may be reported as foreclosures to the credit agencies. The Finn Law Group was the principal law firm that represented the class. Michael D. Finn said, "I'm absolutely delighted with the resolution, which deletes the harmful 'foreclosure' categorization from over 11,000 individuals’ credit reports!"