Report Abuse

Re: I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

Like I mentioned I'm in the business where I talk to owners daily... Just be very careful who you're doing business with. There are options that aren't thousands of dollars whether u want to exit your ownership or continue to keep it and pass it down. Timeshares aren't going anywhere ever... So owners just have to be extra careful who they deal with or do business with. I don't sell timeshares , but I do try to help owners and stear them towards companies that will actually help them not scam them out of money and do nothing for them. It shouldn't cost more then $2000-$4000 per deed , That being on the higher side... typically a few factors depending on a couple things , maintenance fees , etc. Or if u wanna keep it so family can use it but fees are a lot.. Or availability is an issue... Option for that to. That doesn't and shouldn't cost u thousands... Or involve a crazy unreliable rental program. It it free , No. But guarantee its less then the majority of owners pay a year in fees... and will be a wise deal that would help. If you're wanting to go that route... There are a lot of vultures out there and scam artist... Both in resorts and out. Not all of them. But unfortunately ppl don't know what they're getting exactly when they're subjected to these ppl. Idk how they sleep at night , honestly! [Q=donp196] The solution is to minimize your losses . First find out if there is a policy for them to take it back . If not contact the home resort and plead your case directly . A lot of resorts take hardship cases on a case to case basis . I negotiated two deed backs in 2011 on my own without the help of an exit company , Apparently I convinced them that it was in their best interest to work with me . Next you can rent out your weeks to defray your maintenance fees until you dispose of your timeshare . Just price it reasonably and you may not get all your expenses paid but you can limit your losses . Then you could always use your property yourself . Most people just want to exchange but using your own resort is a lot easier . Remember you purchased it because you were enjoying a relaxing vacation when you signed the contract . I just got back from a week in Las Vegas at my home resort . They treated me like a king . My room was reserved when I got there and it was a great week . I purchased my timeshare to use every year at their resort not for exchanging and I have never had a problem getting my reservation . You might have to be creative when dealing with your resort but be persistent , The squeaky wheel gets the grease . Be a thorn in their side and maybe they will take it back to get rid of you . Whatever works for you . I made it my priority to get rid of those two timeshares in 2011 and I have been maintenance fee free since then . Good luck and let us know how you make out .[/Q]