Report Abuse

BE CAREFUL OF SILVER LAKES VACATION CLUB

What a fiasco! The office was being remodeled and it had no sign about where was the temporary office to go to. Therefore, we had to call the manager whom by the way does not like receiving phone calls. My family and I stayed for one night at this horrendous place. Our getaway experience became a total nightmare. The unprofessional, rude, and unethical so called manager(it must be the owner) yelled at my wife on the phone not once, but twice. On June 28,2019 just last Friday my wife called to confirm our reservation for the next day. The manager yelled at her requesting for some documents. We had booked thru RCI. My wife tried having a professional attitude after "Ricky", the manager stated with an unprofessional tone and attitude that he reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. Right away my wife called RCI and they stated the Silver Lakes Mission Villas manager could not deny my family of our right to enjoy our timeshare and to call them from the Mission Villas's Lobby if we had any issues. We arrived for our one night stay and were charged $50.00 twice, one for amenities and another for $50.00 housekeeping fees. We were asked to take the thrash out and to wash our dishes. We paid and proceeded to go to the unit assigned to us. My wife called the manger once my children were ready to go for a swim. The manager stated the following:"we are remodeling and RCI has been notified of it. Then my wife asked how about the tennis courts? Then the manager stated they were also being remodeled. My wife stated then I have to hang up to let my children know. Later on, my wife called the manager to ask about the third party offering WI FI (they took our money and failed to provide us with their service), to let him know some stuff was broken and the fact that someone had been smoking in the suite's baht room. The manager could not longer hold it. He started screaming, yelling, and ranting. He got really unprofessional, unethical and condescending. It became a nightmare. My wife put him on speaker because she could not handle his screaming. Somehow, our older daughter whom was in the other bedroom heard the yelling my wife was being subject to and intervened ending the phone conversation by saying the following:"Have a good night, ha ha, ha". The manager involved my daughter now in his ranting and my wife hanged up after telling him she had witnesses for his unprofessional attitude towards his customers. He called my wife three times from an unknown caller phone. She never answered. Worst thing of them all my wife has proof that he does not collect the $50.00 mandatory amenities fee, neither the $50.00 housekeeping fees from everyone staying less than a week at this horrible place. Mind this, the property is in the middle of nowhere and you pay for amenities that are unavailable to you. My wife shared with RCI customer service on Friday about the telephonic reservation confirmation and was assured that we would only be denied the right to stay at this place only and only if more than six people showed up. Is there anything we can do at this point?