Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

robertb1802, your comments and motion (urging) are hereby heartily seconded. it is hoped that they will be quickly and positively acted upon by all concerned TMC owners. [Q=robertb1802] Fellow Owners, As more cheated Manhattan Club owners find their way onto this Redweek site, I think a repeat of one of my previous posts is warranted. Here it is… Thousands of us have been cheated and scammed for years by an unscrupulous band of crooks lead by Ian Bruce Eichner. The NY Attorney General conducted a multi-million dollar, 3-year-long civil and criminal investigation into their illegal conduct and then settled with Eichner and his cronies as they admitted their criminal conduct. They were allowed to walk away SCOTT FREE by paying a token financial settlement, and by promising to stop breaking the law. To add insult to injury, the AG agreed that the restitution will only be paid to owners who, despite being defrauded for years by TMC, continued to pay maintenance fees to the criminal enterprise. And the AG didn’t want paying the financial settlement to be too burdensome for the crooks, so they get to spread out its payment over 3 years! The NY Attorney General’s undercover investigators have evidence of all the fraudulent sales tactics recorded on video. The crooks admitted to it all as a part of the settlement! What CRIMINAL punishment is being imposed? NOTHING! TMC’s obligation to timeshare owners was to make 7 days per year available to stay at TMC. Instead of making those days reasonably available, TMC engaged in an organized scheme to routinely tell us rooms were not available, even if they were. At the same time, TMC was, and still is, selling the same rooms for the same dates to the general public on the Internet for a daily rate that is half what we were paying in annual maintenance. Can anyone say, “RICO”? Despite paying my fees for 10 years, I have been routinely cheated out of the use of my timeshare while the Eichner family and a small circle of TMC insiders have enriched themselves at my expense. Again, based on evidence gathered by the AG, we have learned that, for years, Eichner has been personally skimming over 6 million dollars a year from TMC through a shell management company called Urban. This company had no employees and provided no services to the operation of the timeshare property, yet our timeshare corporation was paying them $6 million a year! I’m having a hard time understanding why everyone on this site is not cheering at the thought of finally having a lawyer who is willing to take on TMC on our behalf with each of us only being asked to contribute a $1250 retainer, half what we’ve been paying in fees EVERY YEAR. With the sale to BlueGreen, now is the time for us to take aggressive legal action and bring pressure to bear. Surrendering your unit back to the crooks for a lousy $100 is a joke. Please stop rationalizing over why you can’t, won’t, or shouldn’t take any steps to fight back. I want some justice, don’t you?! I want the people who cheated me to be held accountable, don’t you?! Don’t be left out of any future financial settlement by failing to join our legal effort. I urge all TMC owners to contact Jean-MarcZimmerman and ask him to represent you too. Zimmerman Law Group, 233 Watchung Fork, Westfield, NJ 07090, T: (908) 768-6408 F: (908) 935-0751, E: jmz@zimllp.com Bob Biello[/Q]