Report Abuse

ask-redweek-timeshare-sales-presentations

Having read all the comments below, intimating that timeshare sales people are sneaky and underhanded and waste your valuable time, I have to say that I think it might be the opposite. It appears that many "customers" brag and boast of feigning interest in a timeshare in order to get the free stuff (food, tickets, etc.). And while there may be some dishonesty involved in these presentations, it is likely on both sides of the table. If a person agreeing to attend a presentation later complains that their valuable time has been wasted, I would remind them that at least they are walking away with the free stuff they were out to get. Not so much for the employee who sat with them and got nothing for the same amount of time. I picture the "customers" leaving, after playing with the sales person like a cat does with a mouse, high five-ing each other, and gloating about their savvy ability to one-up the system that they complain so much about. Sorry, folks, I have no sympathy for you. You are willing participants and are as phony as the salespeople you are criticizing. My husband and I love our timeshare and we are usually offered a presentation when we exchange. We politely decline, because we don't want another timeshare and don't want to pretend we do, so that we can have a free buffet or whatever. Our vacation time is valuable and we are comfortable paying for our food and entertainment. As far as our own timeshare goes, all the new info is on the website so we don't need to go to a presentation and pretend, with an innocent face, that we are there because we sincerely need to learn more about our program. I would not waste the time of any salesperson in any industry if I were not really and truly considering purchasing their product. It's just plain creepy and it's bad juju.