Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

I wish there was a way to inform people of the pitfalls of this unconscionable industry . Corporate greed has taken over and frankly it's out of control . Capitalism is great for business owners who are lining their pockets using questionable tactics to sell their over priced products . They pay lobbyist to pay off our elected officials to pass laws protecting this kind of behavior . We had an organization that used to speak for timeshare owners so what does the industry do they bought the organization and uses it now for their own benefit . Now we have billionaire businessmen running the country and guess who's side they are on . Our only protection is to use common sense and not get sucked into these scams . Unfortunately the industry spends millions of dollars perfecting these one sided presentations and they obviously work . I'm not putting down the entire industry . There are still some decent properties out there that charge reasonable maintenance fees . I own one on the Las Vegas strip that I wouldn't part with for anything . My maintenance fees just increased to $ 600.00 a year . That's right I own a one bedroom timeshare on the Las Vegas strip right next door to Bellagio and it only costs me $ 600.00 to spend a week there . I only use it for Las Vegas and never trade it . It usually takes no more that a 15 minute phone call to book my week . They treat owners like royalty there . My point is to shop around and find a real value out there . Unfortunately for the ones trapped in unreasonable contracts the best advice I could give them is to negotiate an exit plan that you can live with . You will recoup you losses over time by not having to pay maintenance fees, assessments and the cost of traveling to and from .