Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

william m, do you realize that an owners' list would not simply be handed to mr zimmerman or his plaintiff by the court? there would be court-directed terms for its use in order to protect owners' privacy. the issue of privacy has become prime these days, and it's the court's duty to protect it. why would you think that the plaintiff or mr zimmerman would be handed carte blanche to use the owners' list any way they wished.? the court would not allow that. there would be close, court-appointed supervision of how, when, where and for what purpose this list would be used. we've had this type of go-'round in the past. you hang on the fact that you like TMC and continue to use it. (we agree that far.) however, you seem not to take into consideration that you and about 17,999 other owners have been shammed and defrauded at purchase time and the and shamming and fraud continue via the exorbitant maintenance fees charged for years (since the time each of us first made the mistake of purchasing this albatross.) no one should be criticized for their concern and caring if he/she is the brunt of the thievery by TMC and its new partner BLUEGREEN. it appears you accept the exponentially high maintenance fees as a fact that cannot nor should not be disputed. most other TMC owners don't buy that. many owners who are aware of this fraud want to combat it legally via lawsuits in our courts. (others don't care or are unaware of this fraud, ergo the quest for the owners' list per court permission by attiorney zimmeman.) unfortunately, and for their own legitimate reasons, others want/need to divest themselves of TMC ownershIp to eliminate the overly-burdensome and continually rising maintenance fees. don't you see that as regrettably unfortunate and, for the most part, avoidable? these people will have lost their very costly purchase price, many upwards of $30 to 80,000 or more because of the financial distress caused by TMC. this may not describe your financial situation and how you prefer to expend your fortune. fine, but respect the issues that others have presented in this forum regarding the outrageous, illegitimate and fraudulent actions of TMC and the distress they've caused many of us. additionally, if there would be a maintenance fee reduction, it would be across the board if that issue is monitored fairly and correctly. i urge you to check out BLUEGREEEN via google or another service. their track record is questionable, at best. yes, they are "as bad as some say." i will not even hint at offering them the benefit of the doubt. they're from the same fabric as TMC/EICHNER. [Q=williamm465] As I have stated previously, the TMC owners list is not anything like an owners list for a club or a condominium complex. In a club or a condo you know all or almost all of the members. They are your friends and neighbors. You socialize together, you laugh together, you cry together, you help each other out when necessary,... Do I want the 18,000 owners of TMC to have my personal information? Do I want Mr. Zimmerman to have it? Do I want people with whom I might disagree calling me or emailing me. The potential for abuse is huge. If there is something I don't understand about the request for an owner's list I don't understand, I would appreciate being enlightened. How will it be used? What are the restrictions? Chris, we are on the same page for the most part. I paid too much but I did it for reasons previously stated. I realize I will not be entitled to any refund of my purchase price as I use all of my time. A reduction in maintenance fees would be nice. I don't think there can be a reduction for some and not all. I know a little bit about Bluegreen . I don't think they are as bad as some say. I am willing to give them a chance. [Q=chrisv126] john d, your quote: "All owners already know what is happening" that is not so. keep in mind, there are 14 to 18,000 TMC owners. they are all not aware of the fraud, sham, thievery+ having been and still being perpetrated by TMC and now its partner in crime, BLUEGREEN. if the number of contributors to this forum and that of yahoo is considered, my estimate is that there are about 1 to 2,000 owners that are aware of our predicament. mr zimmerman's goal of obtaining the list of will be of value to our case. it's hardly a "Pure wast of time." doesn't that make some sense? [Q=johnd2105] Zimmerman is spending time trying to get a list of owners. Pure wast of time. Why? All owners already know what is happening. The owners can make their own decision. Keep paying TMC to line their pockets and give TMC absolutely no reason to make a deal. Or, stop paying fees and cause TMC pain.[/Q][/Q][/Q]