Report Abuse

Information on a deed-back acceptance

Hello... We have been offered a deed-back finally, but the forms they sent want all our personal information. It's a "Statement of information confidential information for your protection". Is this normal? It's straight from VRI c/o San Clemente Inn and signed by the a lady from their inventory control. We have never used it and I was under heavy medication and grieving when we went to the presentation. I should have not and did not want to sign it or want it but my husband seemed to think it was a good idea based on their salesman tactics. We had spoken to numerous lawyers and the like and read all the horror stories and dragging this out for longer is only going to affect my health more. We paid off the mortgage this week, paid off the collections, now they want another $475 to get out of it. We are going through medical and financial hardships due to the rise in our medical deductible that is $11,000 now. We had to take a loan to pay this off (a better interest rate at least) that we needed for other things. At this point this will cost us about $7100 all together and we have never even used it. I don't think I should have even been signing legal documents in my condition. Also at this point a lawyer would have been cheaper. It seems they keep stringing us along and it's also concerning the amount of personal information they need, including our child's name. Is this normal information or are we being duped?