Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

COVID-19 Related Cancellations (by James S.):

Eric Good Luck - But, my rental was also w Marriott (Crystal Shores Marco Island FL). The resort was Open and flights were flying. I advised RedWeek of this in three different E Mails and also my BBB Complaint.

RedWeek's response (below) - April 8th to me.

Our experience is that timeshare resorts, particularly, Marriott and Westin resorts, will claim they are open when for all practical purposes they are not. In most cases the amenities have closed and the resorts are not providing housekeeping services. This is because they already have the maintenance fees from the owners for the year and only feel obligated to give the owner remediation if the resort admits to being closed.

The RedWeek response (above) written to me is copied from their E Mail. These RedWeek comments are their justification for claiming Marriott properties are "Uninhabitable".

James Souza (jamess1558)

ericw441 wrote:
I have yet to Pursue legal representation giving redweek time to review our specific details.

Based on email, it appears that the Red Week arbitration panel made its determination that the Unit is not habitable based on partially erroneous information. Insisting their renters purchased insurance for such scenarios. Specifically, they noted that the Marriott in Aruba closed on March 28, 2020, which it did not. I called Marriott Surf Club in Aruba directly and they confirmed that they were not closed on March 28, 2020 and remain open for business to date or going forward. (which is the date renter cancelled week in Aruba ) As a result, we’ve requested that the arbitration panel review its determination.

We paid Red Week’s fee for full service assistance in renting our Unit, and Red Week has completely disregarded the express language of the rental agreement, which was drafted by Red Week. Red Week has no authority to issue a refund to the Renters in clear violation of the rental agreement. We will pursue legal action against Red Week for interfering with our binding rental agreement if our terms are not upheld.